Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My Crazy Weekend

This is going to be long post, so sit and relax. My weekend was very long and very busy. So, it started out on Friday, we were going on our first yard sale outing of the season, and this pic above is the sky at 8:00 in the morning. Lovely, huh? It had been gorgeous for at least a week and a half and of course the morning I was so pumped about getting out and having fun it rained SOOOOO BAD! Lightning crashing, thunder booming. By mid morning though it had stopped.I just had to include a pic of this adorable camper we seen while we were waiting for the light to change. It isn't a very good picture, but it says "Mystery Machine" on the side and was absolutely a hoot! Completely custom painted! I have been learning that now that I am blogging I better never leave the house without a camera!

Well, because of the rain and all the yard sales starting a day before we went there wasn't a great abundance of deals, but I did manage to find a few things. My favorite sale was a little older womans. She had everything divided up and put in baggies and boxes. It was like a wonderful treasure hunt! She had tons of lace, ribbon, old crayons, everything! Above is a pic of the great lace and ribbons I got for $1.25! Most of it is vintage and what isn't is still nice.


At the same sale I got loads and loads of old seam binding and ribbon for extremely cheap! As you can see there are some great colors. I also got some old rick-rack, trim, beads, and old Crayola crayons. I even got a dozen fresh eggs from her chickens! Bonus!



Well, now we are to Saturday. Ethan had to help sell cookies and brownies and stuff at an auction, so we all went and thought we would make a day of it. Except it was very, very cold! After the rain the day before it got up to 82 degrees! Well, when we woke up the next morning, it was struggling to get to 40! We ended up not staying for the whole thing, which is REALLY hard for us, but I just couldn't get warm. Anyway, here are Ethan and Malachi hamming it up for me in the pic above.
Here is my right hand man doing one of the things he does best! Having to box up all the junk his mom buys! It is definitely not one of his favorite jobs, but it sure does help me out a lot!
Dyl and his friend Chris just hanging out.
Here's Dylan after I caught him snooping through a box of toys.
Here is Ethan and his friend and fellow scout David doing what they came to do. I guess by the end of the day the scouts made a good profit. I got a few things at the auction, but not much. I tried to get a pic of my hubby, but he runs from me when I have the camera! After the auction our niece Brenda came over and spent the night and went to church with us. So that brings us to Sunday. We went to church and got invited to stay for lasagna and games with the youth. What a blast! Of course, this was one of the times I forgot my camera!
And yesterday we had my brothers birthday pizza and cake. Never a dull moment around here! I've been tagged by a fellow blogger(Thanks, Tangee:), so later I need to post my tag info. TTFN!




No comments: