Friday, May 30, 2008

My Fun Finds

Here are some of my favorite things I got last weekend at that huge auction we went to. There were hundreds of box lots(my favorite) and most of what I got was in those. This is a light blue wall pocket. There is two of them.
This is a crate FULL of old newspapers and such from the 1800's. They have great pictures to use in art and stuff.
Aren't these so pretty?!
I love Peter Rabbit! These are so adorable!
This pic was supposed to be the last one, but I still haven't completely got the hang of posting on my blog. Anyway, this is the creme de la creme!!!! Isn't it just gorgeous? It is almost 7 feet tall and about 4-5 feet wide! We had to take some of it apart to fit it in the trailer, so you might see some parts missing in the pic. Eventually it will go in the ice cream parlor Mitch and I want to start. You can't see all of it because we have it slid behind the couch for safe keeping. I might as well say right now to please excuse all the stuff you see in the background of the pictures!

This is another favorite. The seat on it needs to be reupholstered, but for now I just put a tablecloth over it so it looks better. I also got the pretty basket that is sitting on the bench.
This darling doll was in the bottom of a box wrapped in paper!! I collect old dolls like this, so it was a great surprise. She is in wonderful shape, too.
This basket is Chloe's new toy box.
There were two rings running all day, so Mitch and I were split up and he got this old map that was hanging in the old school house. It actually has several maps that unfold from it. It is very old and has great color to it. He only paid $10.00 for it!
Last but not least I got this cute umbrella stand. We also stopped at a couple of yard sales and I got 2 Stampin Up stamp sets and a Stampin Up pastel set for a song! I also got a brand new Pampered Chef cookbook for 50 cents! It was the weekend of deals! I got lots more stuff from the auction; stuff to use in my art, a neat vintage ice cream cone dispenser, an old display case, etc. Needless to say I had lots of fun. We had never gone so far from home to go to an auction, and it will probably be a long time before we do again. It was fun to see new places and make a couple days of it. Our jewelry party went good last night. I have my eye on a few earrings and necklaces! TTFN!

2 comments:

Tangee said...

Oh, my gosh, honey you hit the BONANZA!!!! Jewelry party...what jewelry party? Tell me more!!! Did you get my last email to ya?

mysteryhistorymom said...

WOW! You certainly got some amazing treasures!!! Good for you!:-) The old newspapers must be so fun to go through... Lori