Friday, May 16, 2008

Auction Stuff, Ducklings, and Stuff

Well, the auction yesterday was a bust! Stuff was going WAY to high for my taste, but I did manage to get a couple of cool things! This old brass mirror was my splurge-$12.50! I know, if that is a splurge I MUST be INCREDIBLY cheap! Well, I am. But anyway, isn't it gorgeous!!!! I was so excited!
I also got this great vintage globe from the 60's. It lights up and has an atlas in the compartment. It only set me back $2.00. That was basically it that I got from the auction. Mitch made out better than I did, which is very strange.
We stopped at the Habitat for Humanity Restore after the auction and I found this great brass cherub for $1.49! I love it!!
This lovely piece I found at a yard sale today. I am crazy over old plates with flowers on them. I have them all over the house.
Last, but not least, I made a strawberry rhubarb pie today! My mom got some rhubarb from a friend and gave some to me. I am so excited to have some!
I almost ran over a duckling this morning! He was in the middle of the road and I, being the total animal lover I am, swerved all over the road to avoid hitting the poor little guy! You will all be happy to know he made it across in one piece! TTFN!

2 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Love the mirror and the globe! Congratulations on your great finds! Lori

Tangee said...

Oh my gosh, love the mirror and the globe! Those are awesome!!!! I never find anything at our Restore Store. I did hit some deals up at goodwill and this other thrift store though.