Monday, October 13, 2008

An Anniversary Celebration!

It was a success! We had my parent's 40th celebration Saturday, and we had a full house the whole time! What a blessing to have so many friends and be married for so long! This "40" doesn't look very big in the pic., but each number was as high as a full piece of poster board! Hubby DREW them(yes, DREW them himself!), and I cut them out and glittered them. You will see this same pic. farther down. I'm sorry, but I still have problems with this technology!


My sister-in-law and I made the penant. It says "Don & Linda". It's hard to see it, but it turned out nice.

This was the cake table.
This is our famous(or not so much) pumpkin cake. We have had it for every birthday for as long as I can remember. It is sort of a tradition in the family, so I thought we should have one for this celebration, too! I wish I could also say I made this cake below, but I didn't. It turned out so nice!I did make this "cake". I had so much fun making it! My mom loved it!

Okay, now we're down where this pic. should be. This was the gift table. Just ignore the speakers and wire underneath the table:) My son put songs from the 60's on his ipod and we ran it through those speakers.

This is a close up of the bird cage.
I love this Congratulations garland. I found it on clearance at Michael's, and I wish I would have picked them all up! We had a pic. of my parents blown up and we framed it and everyone signed the matte for a keepsake.
This is a close up of the tassles I made for the end of the garland.
...And they lived Happily Ever After!!



No comments: