Sunday, August 24, 2008

Trash Pickers of the World Unite!!

Well, it really wasn't IN the trash, but this beautiful antique couch was sitting next to a dumpster behind a furniture store when we we on our way to the farmer's market Friday! I made hubby slam on the brakes, we asked the man standing there what the deal was, and he said it was free for the taking! Of course I was very leary; we looked it over from top to bottom-nothing wrong with it! I think it even has it's original upholstery! It fits my decor perfect! What luck! Now on to my weekend finds. We only stopped at 3 or 4 yard sales, but they were good ones. I love these plaques. They are very old, and I love the dark colors and aging they have.
Found a box of old dominoes and a bag of great beads,
and these beautiful vintage bows. Oh, those colors! Talk about inspiration!
A lady GAVE me this adorable notepad holder. It still has the old notepad in it!

This lamp is so cute. It is missing the top of the dogs head and the shade, but I will figure something out to do with it someday.
Okay, this next one is a bit bazarre, but I couldn't resist! I know you have to be some part of mental if you buy a box of crackers for the pics. on the box. These were at Big Lots for .80 cents and I just love the box! The boys will eat the crackers. Look at her face; it's like she's saying "oooh, thses crackers are so yummy!"

This is one of my favorites! I collect old and vintage Santas and he is so adorable! Won't be long and it will be time to set him out! I know, I needn't be rushing time anymore than it already is!
I'm so excited to have my swap partners name for the Fall Swap! I'm looking forward to making her stuff! I love this time of year! TTFN!

No comments: